Friday, August 19, 2011

Change...it happens

Winston Churchill once said, " There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the right direction." Although I believe that to be true...that doesn't mean I have to LIKE it. 

There has been changes in our family as of late. Big changes, good changes, changes that are life changes, the kind of changes I KNOW to be in the right direction....hard changes.

I am not sure that you need, or even want, all the details...but suffice to say that this change is one that we felt was made for us. Not that the choice was taken from us, but that "the plan" was already laid out and we just needed to follow. And follow we have.

Our little family has only ever existed (lived) in one house. We have been fortunate to have lived in the same house for 4 1/2 years. In that time we have learned, lived and loved A LOT. This is where we started...


Then we moved in with my folks for a bit to save money...


And now...this is where we have finally landed...


Because this blog isn't private...I am not sure if I am going to announce EXACTLY where we moved to...(although it sounds like something I would do) so let me just say this...it IS to a different state...and it IS directly northeast of the state we used to live in. (I am sure I will slip up and say things about the town we live in so, if you are paying attention, you will probably figure it out.)

We are just getting settled in. Settling in IS going well. We like it here. It IS a good fit for us. Who knows...I just might LIKE this change after all!


2 comments:

Mimi said...

I wish CHANGE would ask me first if I'm ready for it or not.. haha but yah they do sometimes happen when you least expected it... Good job Amy, very well said about CHANGE. All we can really do is to move on and follow what our Heavenly Father has planned for us. We love your sweet spirit and we miss your family! Hope you enjoy your new place... regards to Brock and Sammy!

Mommy! said...

Change and moving. Wouldn't it be great if they could stay together in our own little areas where we are comfortable?