Sunday, October 2, 2011

" WE DON'T TAP DANCE ON THE TOILET!!!"

Sometimes as a parent, I say sentences that I NEVER would have dreamed up on my own! Sentences that I utter in anger but then, after listening to the playback in my head, make me burst out into laughter because I can't believe I actually had to utter THOSE words!!

Take for instance, the title of this post. That's right, I said that to my then 6 year old. Her reasoning was simple and very logical...to her. She explained to me that the floors in our house (aka carpet and linoleum) just didn't make a good sound for her tap shoes...and the lid of the toilet did. She couldn't understand why I was upset because she was, after all, practicing her dancing for her upcoming concert...which was what I had asked her to do. Looking back, it is a cherished memory...not so "cherished" at the time.

I think that's a move called "the giraffe", but I could be wrong  (tee hee)

And her love for dance has continued to grow. I really enjoy watching her dance. She moves very gracefully. She has a memory for dance moves. She remembers them SO well. She is moved by music and loves to express it in that way. She is taking a jazz and a hip hop class here in town. She will tell you that the HIP HOP is her favorite...but I think she just enjoys the music better. 

Just BEAT IT...BEAT IT

My little toilet-tap-dancer.

2 comments:

The Shelby's said...

ha ha ha I love it! that is hilarious and she is beauitful! I miss your face!

Joe and Liz said...

Hey guys! Hope you're loving your new city! It was great to see you over the summer and catch up.