Saturday, October 29, 2011

"Creativity is a natural extension of our enthusiasm"

We must have been VERY ENTHUSIASTIC this week because we had a lot of creative juices flowing here at the Jones house! (truth be told, this is not normal for us so I guess that's why I had to post about it) Just thought I would show you a few of the things we "created" this week....
First off...christmas ornaments!!

We took an ordinary clothing pin and....

...called it to serve in the California Sacramento mission with my little brother as an ornament for his Christmas tree :)
Our own little "Army of Helaman"


 Next up....bread making!!
A lot of our friends up here in our little town are really into making EVERYTHING from scratch...and I really do mean EVERYTHING! Now please don't misunderstand me here...I don't have the need to "keep up with" anyone here, but I just thought, "when in Rome..." so we (and by WE I really mean Brock) decided to try some homemade bread. Something we have attempted, but not been quite successful at yet. 
For those of you who don't know, my sweet husband is a direct descendant of bakers (Lehi Bakery bakers to be exact) so working with dough comes easy to him...and he is good at it!



Homemade bread and rolls...turned out DELICIOSO!

And finally.....our Sugar Cookie Extravaganza!!
My mom started a tradition in our family where we get together and make sugar cookies every Halloween and Valentines Day. We usually go over to her house and we bake and decorate cookies all night!! Such a fun tradition! 
This year we still made the cookies but sadly it was without my mom. And Sami couldn't understand why Grammy couldn't just make a trip up here for one day to make cookies! We really missed you Grammy and Bethie!

We tried black frosting this year...looks cool...stains the teeth a little...but still tastes SO GOOD!
Apparently we needed TWO pics of the cookies...this one includes pumpkins so it's SUPER special!
That's our week in a nutshell...what are some fun Halloween traditions your family has?

No comments: